Short (but true) Stories, Page 2

Short Stories Page 3
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 14:25:29 -0800 (PST)
yourname michelle katz

I don’t know wheter I believe in ghosts or not. I guess I’m still thinking should I or shouldn’t I? There was one experience that happened to me when I was around ten or so (I was very mature for my age back then).

It was a really warm summer’s day. I was sitting in my family’s kitchen alone, drinking some orange juice at the table. Before I go on, I have to describe somethings. Our kitchen was sunny and spacious, and the table was at the far end of the room. To it’s right was one of those giagantic glass sliding doors. It opened up to a huge backyard, which inclued a small jacuzzi (my grandpa’s faviorite), a cactus garden at one side, our big vegetable garden next to it, and a small fish pond a few feet from the house. There was a willow tree that sort of obstructed my view of the jacuzzi, but I could still see it where I was sitting.

Recently my adopted grandfather (since my birth) had died of cancer. It was a really emotional drain for me, a horrible event since he died all alone in his apartment and I wasn’t able to say goodbye to him.

Anyway, back to the story. I was sitting at the table, thinking about him. Eversince he had died, I kept wishing to see him one last time. Now, I was wondering what he was doing. About two seconds later, I felt this wierd sensation float over me. I stopped what I was doing and turned my head to look at our backyard. At first, the form I saw, standing next to the jacuzzi, was so bright, I thought it was sunshine reflecting off the jacuzzi’s metal poles. I looked down at my juice, but immediately I did a double-take. The form had dimmed down a little, and he was standing there. He was smiling and stroking his beard. For a second he looked directly at me, then he began evaporating and faded away.

I started crying. I jumped off my chair, yanked the sliding door open, and ran outside to the spot he had stood. It wasn’t cold or anything, just really warm. I felt really sad, and I started screaming. My mom ran outside, wondering what was wrong. I kept telling her what I saw, but of course she didn’t believe me. She still doesn’t.

Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:36:23 -0400
From: “Randy Erickson” (
Subject: HI

Dear Folks,

I LOVE this page. I have DLed alot. I have very little to tell in the way of a haunting thought, I am afraid. The only unreal thing that happened to me was in 1967, when I was ten. My mom, dad, and sister were at Expo ’67 in Canada, and we were visiting the building that the USSR had made. The stairs going up and down were the short step kind that were very long. In other words they were only 6 inches high (each), but they went up or down for an entire floor of the building. They were also (the width) very wide, almost 12 inches. Any way, my family was waiting for me at the bottom. I began to walk down the steps, and I tripped. They stairs were made of granite, and I realized that if I fell, I might well be at least injured, or worse. As I fell, I tried to regain my balance by trying to run to keep up with the momentum that I created by falling forward. I was in the middle of the steps and could not reach a handrail. (the stair case was very wide, perhaps 8 feet.) The next thing I knew, I was at the bottom, on both feet, unharmed, but out of breath. On the way down, I noticed my family was just looking at me. A very definate stare, and their mouths were opened, as gasping. In those scant seconds, I just assumed they wer just concerned. (I was scared as heck!) Any way when I reached the bottom, my mother hugged me hard, and said ” I can’t beleive what I just saw! Your feet NEVER touched any of the steps on the way down.” A lady who had witnessed this event remarked that I should have fallen in a heap and have many broken bones, but some how SHE saw what my mom and family had. My dad was at a loss for words, and my sister thought I had something to do with “the flying”. She seemed anoyed at the time, but now realizes I flew down those steps.

Guardian Angel? Not my day to die? Fate? A miracle? Call it what you will, but to this day, I have no idea how I got to the bottom. Any way, that’s it. No ghost story, but an interesting one yes?

Thanks for the site


Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:50:46 -0800 (PST)
yourname Heather Shutes

When I was eleven or twelve, I was sitting with my father in our library reading a book and watching “Amadeus.” I looked up from my book and saw what appeared to be a three dimensional shadow moving in front of the television. It had arms, legs, a head, and a body, but it also had odd protrusions that I can’t describe.

I was more shocked than frightened, and I remember remaining totally still the entire time I looked at it.

When it had gone out into the hallway, I looked at my father, who was also not moving. I never said anything about it to him, and he never mentioned it to me. I saw it about three more times that year, and never again.

Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 16:28:15 -0800 (PST)
email jfoulis

Back in 1989 my boyfriend committed suicide. He was a very mean and violent person and i often felt he had the devil inside him. That of course was not so but he put me thru so much abuse that was how i felt. I had left home with my children two days before he committed suicide, the police found him in our van Locked in the garage. The night before they found him i had dreamed the police were in our house and they handed me a bloody glove. The day after they found him i returned to the house and found the glove with blood on it on our kitchen table. Several days later i moved back in, his family stayed with me that night . Deep down inside i was still afraid of him. That night everyone fell sick . I knew then that he was still there. Thru the next few weeks things got worse. Lights would turn off after i turned them on. Pictures flew off the walls , My collie started howling at night and ran out the door one day never to return, But most of all the smell of death never ! ! left my house, the feeling of sadness in the house could always be felt. My two year old refused to sleep in her room,and the door was always shut, but the lights always managed to turn on. My four month old baby would sit on my lap and focus on thin air and smile and laugh. He was there I knew it, everyone else told me it was my imagination, But mirrors and pictures flying off walls were very real. I moved very far away and have never returned so i do not know if there has been a problem since then.

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:48:19 -0800 (PST)
yourname mary russell
email pearlrush@hotmail

At the age of six, my nephew was hit by a car and died from the injuries. He was the same age as me and we were very close emotionaly. My mother, father, and I spent a coulple of weeks with my sister after his funeral, then retuned to our home in another city.

A few days after we had come home, my mother was in the shower and I was in front of my mirror in my bedroom brushing my hair when I saw my nephew in the reflection of the looking glass. He was standing in the air off the ground about 2 or 3 feet. At first I thought I was imagining things, but when I turned around he was still there. I remember that he spoke my name and said hello. I was surprised to hear that he had the same lipse in spirit that he had in mortality.

I can’t remember the entire conversation, but I remember asking him if it had hurt him to die. He said that it had been painful to be hit by the car, but there was no reason to be afraid of death. It was actually a pleasant experience.

After reading of many near death experiences I am comforted that this was not the imagination of a six year old girl.

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:43:16 -0800 (PST)
yourname Amber Smith

My best friend and I live together in the basement of a good friend’s house.

My friend,Tammy,has always told me that the house was haunted. At first I didn’t believe her. She said that the ghost was a lady that used to live here a very long time ago. She also stated that usually every other night that the ghost would tap on the lamp beside her bed. The only way she could get it to stop is she would have to turn the lamp on, and then just leave it on.

Now I know ghosts are real. My roommate, Allison, said she woke up one night and seen a little girl sitting on the foot of her bed, and the girl was just sitting there staring at her!! This scared me to death. Overall little things are always happening. For instance, if I am here and Allison is not I always hear things being shuffled or moved in her room. And if she is here and I am not she always hears things moving around in my room. It kind of sounds like someone is plundering through boxes or something. That is eerie. Sometimes the lady taps on our window. It is a very soft tap. Usually we just simply say,”Please stop!” And she usually stops. One thing that happens often, is we hear someone open the door that leads downstairs to where we are, run down the steps, and when we look to see who it is there is no one there!

Usually I do not stay alone in the house, I guess I’m a chiken. But, I’m not scared enough to move out. Overall, the bad thing about living in a haunted house is that you never know what is going to happen next. The advantage is that you always have a good story to tell your friends. Now, most of my friends will not even come over and spend the night, not even by own boyfriend!!!

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:49:12 -0800 (PST)

not to long ago i was going to school at the local high school. I had heard stories about how it was made. the story goes that when they were building it part of the ceiling in the senior hall let loose. It dropped and killed 2 men. It was left for many years until finally they started building again. People have said they have seen the ghost of these 2 men wandering around the building. I personally never believed it until my senior year.

My locker was down in the senior end of the hall and i was at a basketball game cheerleading. i realized i had books in my locker that i should’ve taken home that night. i found a custodian and asked him to let me into the main building for the books. he looked at me somewhat nervously then took out the key and let me in. As I walked through the doors i glanced back and saw him watching after me with a strange look in his eye. “careful” he called after me. i thought he was trying to scare me.

The school was a lot scarier at night then it was during the day. the lights were low and my footsteps echoed. i kept glancing around nervously. When i finally reached my locker i opened it slowly and bent down to get my books. I could have sworn i heard footsteps, but thought it was my imagination. I didn’t think about it until i stood up and spun around. A large muscular man was standing behind me starring at me. I asked if he was looking for the gym and pointed down the hall towards it. He just stared at me in silence. Suddenly my book dropped and i must have jumped a mile. I bent to get the book and heard a voice. it simply called out “hey Micheal, let’s go!” When i looked up the man was gone. I ran back to the gym more confused then scared. when i got back the custiodian just looked relieved.

The next week i asked my friends mother about the builders who were killed. She told me that they were friends of her mothers and she knew them quite well. She told me that their names were Mike and Pete. Mike was a large man and Pete was kinda tiny. They were great friends and Pete had tried to save Mike from the falling ceiling.

to this day i don’t know if I really saw Mike or if it was someone playing a trick on me.

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 02:33:00 -0800 (PST)
yourname K.S.

When I was about ten years old, I was sitting in my grandmothers drawing room (Which was rumored to be haunted).Anyway I was sitting on a couch and suddenly I heard someone breathing. At first I thought that it was my breathing (because the room was empty other than me) but then it turned from breathing into panting and it was coming right into my ear! I ran out of the room as fast as possible. This was only the first time.

Then when I was about 12, my cousins and I decided to call a ghost ( using an Ouija board which was home made ) Then we kept our fingers on the glass and said “If there is any ghost here, please come into this glass” As soon as the words left our mouths, ALL the doors and windows started banging, at the SAME TIME! This was the second time, however there is also a third time….

When I was 15, the same cousins, my brother and sister and I decided to call a Ghost AGAIN! (Once wasn’t enough) Again we said the same kind of things like “If there is any ghost here, please make contact” etc. Suddenly the Glass on which all of us had kept our fingers started to move.( we all thought that one of us was doing it.) So we asked the ghost if it was a male or female and it spelled out “male”. Then we asked the age which was 456 years. Then one of us asked whether the ghost knew any of us and if so he should go to their initials, and the pointer went to “N” which was the initial of one of my cousins. She was totally freaked and she started to cry saying that “Something is happening in my chest and I can’t breathe” Now we were all really scared. Then three of my cousins started feeling something heavy pressing against their chests. And the funny thing is that they all spoke about it at the same time so they could not have been bluffing.

After that we vowed that we would never ever call ghosts or use ouija boards again!! ALL THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!

Subj: My own ghost story!!
Date: 98-01-19 13:34:18 EST
From: (Greeney, Susan)

I do not know if this is the correct address to send my story, but i will try anyhow.

In 1990 I had a best friend who moved into a house in Milton, Wisconsin. I visited her several times a week, and she started to tell me that she felt something might be in the house…she heard footsteps and running downstairs after the children and she went to bed for the night. At first she thought someone had broken into the house, but upon investigation had come up with nothing! The doors were still locked from the inside and the widows were all shut. The activities started to get stonger after a few months. I stopped by her house one day and went to her door for maybe 2 minutes to ask her husband where she was…when I returned to my car the headlights were on (it was a bright, sunny afternoon!!) When I told my friend about this, she said her mother in law had the same thing happen a week earlier! One day I was visiting I noticed lights dancing on her livingroom ceiling…I checked the windows for the source of the light and the blinds were drawn…we stared at the lights for a few minutes then they slipped in the molding on the ceiling and disappeared. On another occasion she was perming my hair at the dining room table, and I was sitting facing the stairway that went up to the upstairs bedrooms. A young girl possibly 9 years old with long blonde hair, light colored shorts and a white t shirt ran past me and up the stairs…it didn’t hit me til she was already upstairs that it was not any of her children!!!!!! (this was the first and only full fledged ghost that I have ever seen!!!) Other odd things happened in the house…my friend was a large woman who always wore this terry cloth romper in the summer when she cleaned the house…one day it disappeared and she tore the house apart looking for it!!! She found it several months later in October when she was digging in the back of the closet looking for the kids halloween costumes. She pulled out a box with the costumes and decorations and there was her romper!!!!! (I asked her what thet told her!!!)

She also would wash clothes in her basement, put them in the dryer and half an hour later go to take them out…someone elses clothes were mixed in with hers!!!

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:16:14 -0800 (PST)
yourname Angie

story The ghost in Room 325

My husband was sent to work at the London office, last April for a few weeks. We also were able to tag 2 weeks of vacation time too, I was lucky enough to be able to tag along and keep him company all that time.

Anyway, we were staying in one of Hotels located on the Strand, near the theater district. I usually went out on my own walking tour the city of London everyday. I always made sure I was back to the hotel room around 5 or 5:30 pm. This one particular day I came back a little early to relax and enjoy a cup of tea in the room before going out to dinner with my husband.

I was reading the paper and I also had CNN on the t.v. for the days events. I was happliy sipping my tea, when I my eyes caught the movement of a lady in a fancy 1800’s dress walk away from the vanity and into the bathroom. I

was quite surpised to see this because I didn’ t see anyone in the roon when I came in, and I’m sure I would have heard someone knock at the door.

At first, I thought it might have been someone from housekeeping turning down the roon for the night. But dressed up in this type of garb? I think not. I wasn’t afraid, I think I was more curious then frightened at this point.

I didn’t see anyone in the bathroom at all. It was just a ghost in a very pretty dress and hat. I didn’t see her after that incident.

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:04:33 -0800 (PST)
yourname John Allen

story This story is related to you the way my father passed it to me (as best as I can remember it….)

As is the case in most ghost stories, one of my relatives passed away. I do not know the exact relation, but the person in question would have been a “great someting or other.”

It just so happened that the “uncle” had passed away in a chair..important later. This occured at a time in which wakes were still common so my grandparents held one in their home. Somewhere between when the night ends and the day begins, a strange creeking noise was heard eminating from the coffin!

As the lone living occupant (my grandfather I believe) watched in stark terror, the corpse of my deceased relative began to sit up…

I would like to say that the corpse’s head spun or spoke or danced a jig, however, this was not the case. As I had mentioned, my uncle had passed in a sitting position. Either from rigermortis (sp?) or some other muscle stiffening, the corpse had reverted to a seated position.

Even no words of wisdom were received, my grandfather still needed to change his shorts!

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 07:59:35 -0800 (PST)
yourname melissa

story Maybe it was a figment of my imagination but a chill went down my spin.

I was visiting an old house that in the days of slavery helped runaways escape to freedom. I heard many stories of how the escape was accomplished but the thing that really bothered me was that when there were slave hunters above in the ministers home the women would sometimes have to suffocate their babies in order to save the rest of the groups lives. Everyone went on to see a grave outside of a little girl outside but I stayed in the hidden room for a moment. Everything was really quiet and I was just reflecting on the differant things that probably happened and the heartache that was probably endured. I heard a faint sobbing from a corner the dirtfloored room. There was an apperition of a black wornout women wearing tattered clothes and holding a limp baby then it vanished. I closed my drooping jaw and quickly exited the room.

Date: Mon, 02 Feb 98 09:23:00 -0800
Subject: true life experience

I worked at a Hallmark store in a strip mall. When the builders dug up the formerly empty field, they found a massive grave. Research had to then be done on the land. It turned out that the formerly empty field was at one time a poorhouse and another time a institution for the mentally ill. Presumably, when the inhabitants died, they were buried one on top of the other in one part of the property. After reburying the skeletons, the strip mall continued to be built and was eventually completed. I began working part time at the store. Over time, the employees there began to notice strange occurances. Rapping could be heard on the walls, displays would fall over of their own accord, and a stuffed bear hanging from a display, one night, decided to spin around at an extremely rapid rate at its own whim. It did this for maybe a minute and then suddenly stopped. The most interesting thing that happened, however, happened to random customers. Some would approach us and complain about a strange, adolescent girl watching them and frightening them. They all described her as wearing a long, old-fashioned blue dress, black boots and with long brown hair. No one else, save we employees and the lucky customer, would be in the store at the time. We never saw her, although we heard the rappings often enough, and felt cold drafts prior to her appearances. I never did find out who our ghost was, but the store is still there, and she never hurt anyone.


Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:04:03 -0800 (PST)
yourname Elizabeth

My grandfather was a Baptist preacher from North Carolina. Most of the churches he pastored were in that state, but once he took a church in North Georgia. The parsonage was a fairly modern one-story brick house. When my family went to visit one weekend my grandparents shared a strange experience they had a few weeks prior…..

It was getting late one night, and they decided to go on to bed. It had been a rainy week and it was still raining as they got in bed. They said they laid in bed not able to sleep because of the storm outside. The lightning was awful and the wind blew the rain against the windows with great force. It gradually decreased and they thought they would be able to go on to sleep now. The house was quiet and the rain was light and steady outside. Suddenly they heard the sound of a key in the front door and the door opening. They lay frozen in bed as they heard someone come in the house and close the door behind them. Then they heard the person’s footsteps coming down the hall and right passed their bedroom door. (Grandma and Grandpa are in the habit of sleeping with their bedroom door shut.) They both listened as they heard the door of the bedroom, a little further down and across the hall, open and then heard a man let out an audible sigh and drop down on the bed in that ! ! room.

Gathering courage , and thinking that this wasn’t the expected behavior of a robber, Grandpa got up and went to the other bedroom. No one was there! He started for the living room and noticed that there were no wet footprints in the hall. When he got to the front door, of course it was locked just the way they left it.

The next afternoon, they received a call. A man from a church in another town called to give some information for my grandfather to share with his congregation. The pastor of their church used to pastor my grandfather’s church years earlier and still had many close ties to people there. He had just passed away last night….(.close to the time my grandparents heard their visitor.)

My grandparents just didn’t know what to make of it, but to say it was spooky.

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:45:22 -0800 (PST)
yourname Jon

story For three years I owned a haunted house in Pataskala, Ohio. Our ghost manifested itself in many ways; speech (it would whisper your name in your ear), footsteps on the stairs, slamming doors, lights, reflections in mirrors, roaring sounds, and the dropping of coins (brand new pennies) from the ceiling to the floor.

There was a spot in the dining room that my dogs would not cross. They would walk around it as if someone was standing there. Occasionally, the two dogs would both sit and stare at that spot, looking up and wagging their tails just as they do if you are speaking to them.

Below that spot, in the basement, was a filled in well or cistern. I have often wondered what you would find if you were to excavate that well.

My friends and family, for the most part, think that I’m either crazy or making these things up. One couple, who expressed their disbelief after my wife and I told them of the ghost, witnessed the dropping of two coins in our living room. The pennies dropped in the far corner of the room, rolled across the floor and ended up in front of the husband who then looked at me and asked, “How did you do that?”

This house was built in 1891, and I lived in it 100 years later. If anyone out htere has any info on hauntings in the Pataskala area, I would like to compare notes. Feel free to email me.

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 19:21:10 -0800 (PST)
yourname tt

story My friend and I had heard about an old, abandoned ghost town in Conneticut, and decided to check it out. There is nothing left of this town except stone walls and a cemetary. The cemetary has one grave in it, that of a revolutionary war soldier who died in 1777. While visiting at the grave site, we could hear in the distance the sound of a woman calling someone, perhaps a child. This is in the middle of a large forest, and there are no explanations for the source of this sound. We listened to these sounds for about three to five minutes, then it faded away. After visiting the town for a couple of hours, we decided to leave. When we got to the outskirts of town, the path passes through a stone wall. We sat to rest on the wall for a minute or so, and heard the un-mistakeable sound of a childs swing. This sound seemed to be no more than fifty feet awawy, but there was nothing but trees. Then, when the sound ended, we walked along the trail and heard the sound of a horse w! ! alking by in front of us. These woods are open and visability is at least 300 feet. We still found no source for these sounds. One last thing happened that turned out to be the scariest part of the day. Nearing the end of the trail, we turned to see a mist on the trail, where we had just passed. This mist was about three feet wide and six feet high. The presence of the mist frightened us and we walked faster. We turned to check on this mist and found it to be following us. It seemed to move roughly the same distance we walked. The closest it got to us was about thirty feet away.

We are making plans for a return trip to this site. We found it more interesting than scary. The mist was the only thing that seemed to alarm us, and that isnt scary now that I think about it as it was never threatening. I have heard this town referred to as ” the village of voices” and am now a believer in the phenomenon that occurs there.

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:04:23 -0800 (PST)

story 1982 living in an apt in San Diego, my father was very ill from a stroke living in Phouenix. My Mom had called at around 8 pm to tell me that it wasn’t looking good for my dad to make it. I told her I would make plans to leave the next day. Went to sleep and around 3 AM was awakened my someone(?) grabbing my ankles and giving them a brief shake. It went beyond a shake, though. It was amols electric and a fully awakened as if I wasn’t even groggy. I think I almost smelled him. I felt great. Needless to say my dad died around then. Not too many people kow this and I prefer to leave myself out of the story.

Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:40:26 -0800 (PST)
yourname R.M.Swanson

story When I was younger, roughly in 1983 or so, I was visiting my grandmother at her home. My grandfather had died only a month or two before, and I was not anxious to visit for fear that I would see his ghost. (I know, setting myself up to see his ghost, right?) The night I was there, I turned and felt some sort of look almost penetrating through my body, and preventing me from looking away from my Grandpa’s favorite chair. I saw him sitting there, just looking at me like he normally would of. I do not remember how long I sat and stared at him from the spot, but eventually I fell asleep, and that was that. The experience terrified me, and I have never forgotten it. In a side experience, my grandmother asked me if I had seen him the night that I did, and told me that he was a common sight around the house and sometimes spoke to her.

Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 08:01:58 -0800 (PST)
yourname Diane Sherwood


I have viewed these stories for quite some time, and I feel it is time to tell my own. I am not sure if anyone out there has had any similiar experiences, but if you have, can you e-mail and explain this one to me? Ok, here goes:

When I was about nine or ten years old, I had a friend named Ruthie who lived in a big house out in the country. She had lots of woods around her property, a barn with cows, and a pond. It was the perfect place to just spend the summer days running wild. One day we were out in the woods just playing, talking, and hiking. We ended up, for some reason, seperating. I wasn’t scared, because I knew the woods well, but I did want to find her. I heard a noise behind me, and thinking it was her, turned around. Behind me stood a HUGE white wolf. I knew it couldn’t be a dog, because it was way too big, and I was sure just from looking at pictures of wolves that this was indeed a wolf. I was a bit scared, but since it was only about five feet away from me, I did not want to show it. The wolf just sat there, staring at me. I then heard another noise behind me, and hoping it was my friend, I turned around. It was my friend, and as I turned back around to face the wolf he was gone. My friend had not seen my wolf, and thought I was crazy. I knew better. I scoured the woods with my eyes as well as on foot, but nothing. When we got back to her house, I told her dad about my nature sighting. He laughed and said there were no wolves in Pennsylvania, and that I must have seen a dog. I am now 20 years old, and I still know that what I saw was no dog, it was a wolf, or something in the form of a wolf. I tend to believe the latter, because how could any animal dissapear into thin air in the space of about two seconds. And also because it was a wolf, and there are no wolves in PA. I guess I need to know why me, and why a wolf? It was interesting, but really creepy. Any comments?

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 09:00:04 -0800 (PST)

In January 1974 I attended a sleep over party with ten other 10 yr old girls in my hometome of Rochester, NY.. It was my first such party. After a night of ice skating, eating pizza and watching “The Six Million Dollar Man,” we climbed in our sleeping bags around 11:30 p.m. After much giggling, all was quiet at 1 a.m. as we all tried to get some sleep. We HAD NOT done any trances, levitation, ghost stories or any of the requisite slumber party antics (that came as we got older!). As we quieted down, a woman’s voice said clear as a bell, “It’s one o’clock, girls. You should be in bed by now.” The voice came from the main entry way between the living room and dining room at the front of the house. All eleven of us were completely quiet and then we all shrieked, jumped out of our sleeping bags (we were sleeping in the living room) and tore through the dining room, through the kitchen and up the back stairs to the birthday girls’ parents’ room. We woke them from a sound sleep. The mother tried to tell us that it was Robin’s grandmother (who lived several miles away) who must have travelled to the house and was upset that we were still awake at 1 a.m. We weren’t buying that explanation. We were the only ones in the house (besides the sleeping parents) and what 70+ yr old women would travel alone on cold, snowy upstate NY night to stand outside her granddaughter’s house to scold her and her friends. The voice CLEARLY came from inside the house.

We all calmed down and eventually fell asleep. We never had a satisfactory explanation for the “scolding voice.” I’ll never forget that voice or the intonation. Really not sure what it was, but it was witnessed by eleven people (10 yr old girls). Hard to discount something with that many witnesses who heard the exact same thing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *